Seoul, Korea

 One word describing this trip: Random.



Us.


A few months back before this post's published date, my friend and I were casually talking and saying that we should go on a travel; which then we decided Seoul and Jeju as our first trip together. This trip is mostly being planned and arranged by my girl friends. I went to Korea with them, experiencing the coldness of the winter air in Korea (I still could feel how cold it was).


My working schedule planning for the trip!


Our flight was in the morning 0730 hrs local time from KUL and arrived in ICN at 1450 hrs local time (yea, I put the arrival time as my published date). If according to MY time, our arrival time is at 1350 hrs as the journey took us about 6 hours ++.


From the Incheon Airport, we took A'REX Express to Hongdae (Hongik University Station). Before that, we bought T-Money (Korean version of Touch n Go), top-up and used for the trains. We also bought an Internet SIM card for 15 days for three of us (or maybe 30 days, I don't really remember), but it costed us about RM200 ++ (I don't remember as well).


We arrived Hongik University Station, I don't remember what time. But it was already dark and so cold. What I remember is, three of us went out of the train station, having white colour vapour out of our mouth and nose while breathing and talking. I swear, that was the most exciting part of the trip!!! We laughed a lot due to that, and after that finding our way to our guesthouse in Mapo-Gu, if I am not mistaken. The place is written in our itinerary as Seoul Base Camp, that costed us RM102 per person, for 3 nights. But be careful at choosing the dorm, as it may be mixed with men and women! I recommend this place for its price, but not for privacy and view. Overall, I rate it as 2.5/5. OK, wait, 3/5 because of freeee breakfastttttt!!! (but wake up early if you want to eat breakfast).


Exactly how the guesthouse looks like.
Source: airbnb


The next and next days we started to visit these and those, including the hunting of odeng, tteokbokki and all. We went to Nami Island and Petite France to of course, take pictures! I don't remember the exact places we went, but one of them is getting the flight ticket to Jeju at Gimpo International Airport, costed us around RM100 ++ or RM200 ++ per person, quite reasonable price for last minute ticket.


So far the best pictures that included all of us. Hahaha.


Somewhere in Nami Island.


One of my shots at Petite France.


On January 23rd, we went to Namsan Tower. The journey was quite tiring. We need to 'hike' to reach the tower. Once arrived, we got ourselves the tickets for the tower. I don't remember the price, but it allowed us to look at the view from higher level. We then went down, walked around the tower and of course, took pictures.


Mentioning about pictures, I was posing alone in front of the Namsan Palgakjeong. Yea, alone. And my friend was taking my pictures. And then, this one Korean guy approached me showing his phone. I guess, he was asking me to help to take his pictures. I REALLY took his phone to take his picture. But he was showing body language like "No, not taking my picture, but let's take pictures together." HAHAHAHA. I was like??? WHATTTTT??? A stranger from another country asked to take pictures together??? It was awkward, and I was slightly shy because it was so suddenly. But we managed to take selfies together. And guess what, my friend took pictures of us. HAHAHA. I was surprised because my face was so bare with no makeup and anything and there were like a few acne scars visible and a guy asked to take random selfies??? Hahaha. Definitely one of the most random experiences and memories.


So, this is the picture of me with the Korean guy.


Well, it began from this solo picture.



Comments

Favourite Destinations